Do you have a quilt top which you don't have time (or the desire) to finish yourself? Then consider my machine quilting service.
Machine quilting pricing is determined by the size of the quilt and the complexity of the quilted design. Typical prices range from $.02-$.05 per square inch.
Prices for some typical designs are:
- Simple Overall Design - edge-to-edge, meandering, simple stars/loops, leaves: $.025 per square inch. Minimum $60.
- Complex Overall Design - edge-to-edge, more dense overall designs, echo quilting: $.03 per square inch. Minimum $75.
- Custom Quilting - Each area of the quilt is quilted with a specific design; borders quilted separately: $.05-$.06 per square inch. Extra charge for more than two borders. Minimum $125.
- Heirloom Quilting - Custom quilting with more dense, highly quilted areas; requires use of rulers/marking and multiple designs: $.07-$.09 per square inch. Minimum $175.
Preparation of the top (There is an additional charge of $15-$25 for me to prepare the top; the cost is more if there are problems with the borders):
- Square up and iron the top.
- If the border is pieced, I ask that you stay-stitch it a scant quarter inch from the edge.
- Trim all threads (otherwise, they may show through).
- The top should be free of pins, sequins, embellishments. These items make it very difficult to load the quilt top properly on my machine.
- Borders should lay flat, otherwise they may cause tucks/pleats during quilting.
Preparation of the back (There is an additional charge of $15-$20 for me to prepare the backing):
- If pieced, remove salvage edges and press seam open. Seam allowance should be 1/2"
- Square up and iron the back.
- The back should measure 10" larger than the quilt top in both dimensions. (For example: a quilt top measuring 40" x 40" should have a back measuring 50" x 50").
Preparation of the batting:
- I prefer Quilter's Dream batting (100% cotton, polyester or poly/cotton blend), Warm & Natural 100% cotton or Hobbs (cotton, wool). If you have another high-quality batting that you would like me to use, please let me know.
- The batting should be 10" larger than the quilt in both dimensions.
Rush order charges start at $50 and increase with the size of the quilt.
To see examples of my custom quilting work, click here.